Art Deco Pool Party








Finding Femme invited me to an Art Deco Pool Party being held at the beautiful Mooramong Estate to finish off the summer.  I love visiting and supporting National Trust properties as much as I love the chance to dress up, however I still needed convincing as I knew the weather would be sweltering and as much as I love the Gatsby Theme and dressing up, the 1920/30s’s does NOT suit me, especially my post baby self. Trying to sort out a hot weather nursing/swimming friendly outfit just seemed like too much effort.












I ended up getting last minute tickets to the event and Finding Femme assisted me to style together an outfit to match my swimwear and that was a little less mumsy and a bit more glam. We purchased a lovely picnic box from a local store in Skipton on the way, which meant no cooking or packing (who can ever be bothered shopping for and packing their own picnic these days??).  Although hot, the day was fun, filled with chirpy music by Aimee Brulee and her band, cold drinks from the bar, and of course a dip in the salt water pool.

We set up our picnic under a tree tucked away in quiet area of the garden and listened to the Aimee and her sweet voice carry through the grounds. When I was not taking snaps of Finding Femme or playing with bubba, I had fun watching kids play in the salt water pool with giant beach balls, guests enjoying garden games, watching the fashion competition and witnessing local larakins dive bomb next to unsuspecting victims.  The event was well organized with outdoor furniture, spare towels and even changing rooms provided. There was even a local bus organized for people who did not want to drive.

Entry to the event included a tour of the homestead and a free dink from the bar. Although Pimms seemed to be the drink of choice, I cooled down with the limited choice of non alcoholic options available to me.

The day was fabulous and I am definitely planning to do it again next year. I hope you might join me too!

For more pictures and details about the event check out Finding Femmes blogpost here.



Get The Look
Black Swimsuit : Target (available in plus size and large cup sizes!!)
Crown Headband: Target
Vintage Shawl: Beleza Vintage
Black Skirt: Bardot
Black and Gold Sandals: Glamour Puss available from Wanted Shoes
Earrings: Lovisa
Sunglasses: Forever New
Jewellery: An eclectic mix of old stuff in my drawer
Lipstick: 'Bitten' from Sportsgirl
Photos: FindingFemme



Follow: Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin

Labels: , , , , , , ,