MSFW Ballarat Runway


This weekend Ballarat hosted a regional series for Melbourne Spring Fashion Week (MSFW). The only regional city to host events with MSFW, Ballarat went all out running a number of functions over the weekend. Attending fashion week is not new to me as I have been lucky enough as a teenager to have my Dad purchase the occasional ticket to fashion week and kindly drive some girlfriends and I to Melbourne to attend a show. Dad would attend the show too, then we would discuss everything from the garments, styling and production on the long drive home.


It has been long time since I attended a fashion show and I didn’t have to travel far to participate. This Fathers Day weekend my Dad is working interstate so I was unable to enjoy the weekend with his company although I was able to spend some time with my awesome siblings checking out the shows and networking with local talent.


Attending three events over the weekend meant I was in need of multiple outfits and feeling very stressed. I suddenly felt that I was the most unfashionable person ever and that nothing I owned would be good enough to wear. The only outfit in my wardrobe I felt confident in was something I had worn to a function only last week and I was worried some of the same people might be attending so I offered this outfit to my sister to wear and felt that I couldn’t go back on my word on lending it to her. You can check out the awesome outfit here

I did a last minute shopping spree on Friday and after purchasing new garments and finding the correct giant squeezy undies, I ended up wearing none of what I bought and wearing what I already had in my wardrobe, much to the amusement (or annoyance) of my shopping assistants. My aunt, who is my biggest style source also gave me a great pep talk.


The pictures were taken by FindingFemme, who kindly snapped me at the show. You can check out more pictures from the event on her blog here


Frank Wild was hired for the event production and executed the weekend of events beautifully. Held in the Mining Exchange on Lydiard Street the styling was minimalist but complemented the strong architecture of the space. There was also strong support from many talented local businesses including Jenny Bourke Florist who created beautiful floral arrangements and catering by Peter Ford.Ballarat Hat Hire also provided beautiful millinery by Danica Erard for the Runway show. 

(Cax-One and I in 'the frow')

Worried that I wouldn’t know anyone at the event, I convinced Cax-One to be my plus one. I shouldn’t have worried as I met so many wonderful people at the previous events over the weekend that I had plenty of new friends to chat with. I met some fabulous and intelligent women who are also Mum’s, that I plan on catching up with again, where we can momentarily forget the unglamorous daily grind of poopy nappys, having meltdowns, getting vomit in our hair and taking care of babies (husbands with man flu included).

(Catching up with the gorgeous Kirrily Parry who is the face of Pyrenees Winemakers Avoca Cup and donated hats from her personal collection by Danica Erard for the show)

Sitting in “The Frow” meant that we scored some goody bags filled with some gifts from sponsors including Ballarat Lifestyle MagazineAntipodean LoveSweet FernGems & JewelsMount WarrenheipElizabeth ArdenMyer, Grounded Pleasures and Sovereign Hill.

(Finding Femme and I with the ah-mazing stylist Bec Cole

After such a glamorous weekend I am sitting here rocking a wattle flower crown that FindingFemme scored from a stylist after the show, while wearing my pyjamas, oversized cardi and uggboots eating cold leftover roast potatoes. Back to the real life, hey! 

Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend! XX 


Details:
Cape: Sheike 
Top: Bardot (also nursing friendly)  
Skirt: Bardot 
Belt: Moschino (vintage) 
Boots: Siren 
Watch: Forever New 
Earrings: Bulgari 
Necklace: Lovisa 
Bag: Chanel 
Photos: FindingFemme

Labels: , ,